Feeds RSS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

As previously mentioned, I'm an ex Penn Stater. But this isn't to say that there aren't things I dislike about my alma mater, or things that I find just incomprehensible.

There are also things I find just plain tiring. One trip anywhere near main campus will show you that the University is more than a little overmarketed. On a whirlwind tour for Christmas gifts around University Park, we were able to find our choice of 7 different kinds of PSU branded baby's first shoes. If the Nittany Lion logo will fit on a product, they put it there. Even so, this amuses me. Whoever decided this one didn't attend the same school I did: apparently Penn State smells like sparkling cassis, raspberry blossom, moroccan rose, dewberry blossom, evening lilac, vanilla and amber. Why it's particularly "sparkling" cassis and "evening" lilac I haven't a clue. And although I did meet several girls named Amber there, none were of a fragrant essence I'd like to bottle.

I could say what scents bring to mind my time on that college campus, but it's almost cheating. If you'd like to weigh in on that one, be my guest: What is the scent of your Penn State experience?

Anyway, this is actually way more official than most branded items. The alumni association sells it, and it's supposed to bring about the essence of Old Main. Which, I figure should smell more like Old Coaly, but maybe it's me. So, if you have $60 bucks and shipping to spare, have at yea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The smell of college? Cheap beer, dirty laundry, despiration & stale pizza. Bottle that!