Feeds RSS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dead in Pa: Don Brockett

I love Mr. Rogers, as I've previously waxed on about. Let's discuss one of the lesser characters... Anyone remember this fellow?
Chef Brockett was a little before my time, but I recall him from reruns (because nothing REALLY changes in the neighborhood). He was one of those characters who bridged the Land of Makebelieve and the real world, running a bakery in the real neighborhood to sell to the makebelieve puppets.

Well, apparently once the IRS got tired of his profits-from-pretend-world money laundering scheme, and considering that Edgar Cooke runs a Hell's Kitchen, the actor Don Brockett did have to find other work. Let's see if we can place him in the next clip.



Yup, the friendly chef with a limp went on to become a Romero zombie.... uncredited, of course. Let's see where else he turns up.



Did you catch him? Right at 5 seconds in. Awesome right? He also had a credit in "Bloodsucking Pharohs in Pittsburgh", which I MUST track down for my own amusement.

So, now I want to construct a scenario where those three items all intertwine into one dialogue. Like-- Psychopathic killer has long term hallucinations of being a baker and serving cookies to puppets. After zombie apocalypse, he is one of the head zombies thanks to his pre-death violence.... I don't know.

Anyway, poor Don passed away in 95, and is buried in Pittsburgh.

Oh, and he was in Flashdance too, but... Pfft

No comments: